Sunday, June 3, 2007

Master cleanse - Day 1

172 lbs

Well, the night after drinking the laxative tea was a normal night and I slept straight through with zero cramping, discomfort or any other negative effects. When I woke up this morning, I did go to the bathroom which I tend to do every morning but the difference this time was, sorry to be descriptive, what came out felt a little bit hot.

I've found other people's blogs to read. They are wonderful and so inspiring. If it comes out hot, that could indicate that the body is dumping acid. In the past, I have measured my ph balance with those little pee strips from the health food store and I tend to be on the acid side of the scale.

I weighed myself t 172 as my day one starting weight and I drank my morning glass of laxative tea. I haven't yet decided if i am going to use the salt water flush while I am doing this or not. I read Stanley Burroughs book last night and he says a person could choose either the laxative tea or the salt water flush. I'm starting with the tea. One post I just read said that the salt flush reminded her of eating chicken soup and actually, from the time i tried it before, I agree it is a bit reminiscent of chicken soup. But another blogger tried it and had the huge, weird reaction of dizziness, cold shakes, etc. Then she threw up. But then she went to the bathroom and said that she felt so wonderful that she just LOVED the salt water flush. Wow... I'm still unsure about doing it.

What I can see from reading other people's blogs is that the master cleanse is not easy, it takes commitment and a strong will, but it creates huge results. That same blogger that threw up the salt water lost 27 pounds in 24 days. Part of the way through her blog she felt like giving up because she went a few days in a row with losing nothing. That has happened to me in the past and has been a large part of why I've quit after just a few days. Reading those blogs has really been helpful. If you aren't sure on how to find blogs, go to Google, click the more link so you get to choose search blogs, then type in your topic just like you would for anything else. Lots of terrific blogs come up. There is also some sort of forum at Yahoo but I haven't looked at that yet.

Anyway, if you are starting your own cleanse too, good luck! Here goes day one. I've done day one so many time, day one is pretty easy. It's staying with it lots of days that has always been rough for me.

9 pm-
Well, I made it one whole day! This morning I went on my treadmill for 20 minutes and felt perfectly normal. I did some chores around the house and then spent a few hours reading people's blogs about the master cleanse. There are some great sites out there. I will re-find one of them and put a link to it here. I also watched several You Tube accounts. Man - people go on this thing for 30 days or more! That is more than I'm signing up for here. But every single person who posted said they were happy they accomplished it by the time they were through. Seems like as much of a mental/emotional accomplishment as a physical one.

Like I said, I spent most of the day taking it easy. I did weigh myself tonight because I just couldn't help it and... I weighed 168.5! Holy Cow! Now I know that is water weight - but even so, it was gratifying! I will still be very pleased if I am anything under the 172 that I was this morning by tomorrow morning.

One last thing to mention- some people have asked about muscle breaking down rather than fat and I have a thought on that. I have used ketosticks while doing the Atkins diet to confirm that my body was in a fat burning state. On Atkins, the ketosis goes away if you eat any carbs. But I had some sticks lying around when I did a short version of the master cleanse and guess what? The ketones were really strong - even with all they maple syrup. So - I'm no doctor but to my laymen mind, that tells me that the body goes into fat burning while doing the lemon cleanse. That is so exciting. Losing fat is definitely something that I'd like to accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment