Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Master Cleanse 2 - Day 9

159.5 (-12 pounds)

Ok - Monday I didn't write my post and guess what..... Ughhh..... Monday I lost it for about ten minutes around 7:30 pm and ate some green beans and almonds. All I can say is that I let myself get a little stressed out and I decided that I was so hungry I just couldn't wait anymore. To tell the truth, I'm not entirely sure just how hungry I was because I haven't felt terribly hungry while I've been doing this. But that is what my mind frick said to me when I was low on self-control. It got the best of me and I gave in.

Surprisingly, the food didn't taste that good and it didn't feel good after I ate it. More than anything, I felt guilty about it. I certainly didn't like the idea of writing about it on my blog, but I didn't think about the blog while I was scarfing almonds. My mind frick forgot to remind me about admitting it and being honest on my blog.

So, I lost it for about 10 minutes but have since stayed true. I think I can use this as a learning experience for other areas in my life. In the past when I have gone against my word on something, diet or exercise or whatever, I've decided that I've now failed entirely and then I've dropped what I've been doing. This time, I am choosing to look at this like tripping. So I tripped and crashed. So what? I'm still here. I can either beat myself for it and quit or I can just accept that I screwed up and keep going. I'm keeping going. Believe it or not, that is a break through.

This is Day 9. Tomorrow is my last scheduled day! I'm not sure what that is going to feel like. I'll let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment