Saturday, June 16, 2007

Master Cleanse 2 - Day 6

161 (-10.5 lbs)

I have decided I am a lame brain. I almost ate last night. I opened the refrigerator and started looking around and I could hear my mind frick talking. "Just a little cheese won't hurt you. It's low carb. You can eat that." There were cucumbers that had been in there for a while and thank God they had started to mold. I shut the door and went to bed.

I didn't drink enough lemon yesterday. I had a relatively busy day and I just sort of forgot about it. I did walk in the evening again with the same friend I went with last time. We walked for close to two hours. I am feeling the soreness in my legs.

Oh, but a really great thing I've forgotten to mention is that I've been testing my ketones with ketostix (You hold the stick in your urine while you pee, and depending on the color it turns, it indicates if your body is burning fat.) According to my sticks, my body is burning fat in a solid way. The sticks come out 'moderate' which is a deep purple color.

Another reason I'm a lame brain is that I am all the way down to the bottom of the 160's. This is exactly the point when I would sabotage myself. I know this cleanse is a cleanse and that weight loss is just a bi-product but my brain, no it's my mind frick again, would try to convince me to give up and not get myself into the 150's. My ultimate perfect weight is about 145. I'm 5'9'' and 145 has me 21.4 bmi. (Today I am at 23.8 and that's not bad either.)

Yesterday, I was cleaning up my computer and I ran across old photos of myself from several years ago when I was really heavy. At the time, I didn't even realize how heavy I was. I just want to stick with this cleanse. I am so close. My plan is to complete the entire 10 days. That will likely have me into the 150's. After a break for a few days, I want to do it for however many days it takes to get me down to 145. Then I'll need to figure out how to maintain myself. I was eating fruits, vegetables, and nuts for several weeks before starting the cleanse and I do enjoy eating that way. I think I'll blog about maintaining the weight, too. Blogging is really helping my head to stay focused.

If anyone reading this would like to add a comment, it would be great to hear from you. I want to encourage anyone who wants to feel better in their life to give this a shot. I truly do feel better on so many levels, especially in pride in myself for taking this on and not giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment