Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Master Cleanse 2 - Day 8

159.5 !!!! (-12 pounds)

I am writing this post a day late (sorry) but I want to comment on day 8. Day 8 was Monday.

I tend to write this blog first thing in the morning and comment about the day before - so Sunday turned out to be rather interesting. I was SO tired. I ran an errand in the morning and then came home and went to bed. I had plenty of things I needed to do but I just didn't feel like I had energy to get anything done. So, rather than fighting it I decided to just go with it and rest. I think I slept until something like 1:30 in the afternoon. I even began to wonder if I was depressed because that is how my body felt. It was not a good feeling at all.

Later in the day, I phoned my friend who is also doing the cleanse and learned that on day 5 and 6, she had been feeling similar to how I was now on day 8. That made me feel better. We also talked about how daunting 10 days feels. We both agree that doing this cleanse for 5 days would feel much more doable than 10. So far, we're hanging in there. She cheated a few bites of food on day 5 but she got right back on track and is continuing.

Sunday was father's day and I spent a little time at my parent's house in the evening. I phoned my mom ahead of time and let her know to PLEASE not offer me food. She had lemon and maple at her house so we ended up drinking lemon and maple together. By the evening, my energy level was perfect. I had tons of it. I came home and again, was barely able to get to sleep. I have no idea what that is about. It seems like I spend most of the day feeling tired and then by nighttime I'm just not tired anymore. My heart rate also seems to be high at night. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment