Friday, June 15, 2007

Master Cleanse 2 - Day 5

162 lbs (-9.5 lbs)

Wow... I'm on day 5! I'm at the half way point. To tell the truth, this is feeling very easy. In many ways it is easier than eating. I don't have to think about what I am going to eat, I don't have to do much grocery shopping, I don't have to cook, and there are essentially no dishes to wash!

Yesterday, I bought new jeans. I bought a size 12 but I also bought a size 10 because I'm not sure if by the time this cleanse is over, if I will need the smaller size. I went to Costco and managed to stear clear of those little food sampling stations. I am doing so well.

Another thing that is happening is that other people are noticing a change in me. One of my friends wanted to know what I was doing and so did my mom. Yesterday, I bought lemons and maple syrup for them and they are starting, too - at least they say they are.

It's funny, because I was truly afraid to start this cleanse. I did not think that 10 days was a possibility but now that I am doing it, it is so easy. I feel fine plus the extra weight I have been carrying for years is just dropping off of me. Now I am wondering why I wasted so much time struggling with slow methods of weight loss.

Do you realize I am almost through the 160's? I am a day or so away from the 150's. I have a piece of paper in my bathroom with weights written on it from when I spent several weeks on a low carb diet. It says, 174, 173.5, 173, 173, - day after day, I ate low to no carb for something like 5 weeks and the lowest weight I got to was 167.5 but I leveled out around 170. That took weeks.

Psychologically, my brain gets stuck at certain weights - it's my mind more than it is my body. This lemonade method creates such rapid results that my brain doesn't have time to get attached to any numbers. I didn't even see 171, 170, or 169. They didn't even show up on my scale. I didn't see 168 or 167. I just skipped over them. I don't have to lose weight one painful half pound every few days and then eat one Chinese dinner and gain three pounds of water retention and feel like I didn't accomplish anything. I am creating results. My body looks better, my body feels better and I am only half way finished. I can't wait, actually, to see where I end up on this. I will definitely see the 150s. That just blows my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment