Saturday, June 2, 2007

The Night Before

172 lbs

I've done the lemon / maple syrup diet once before with very good results. In 6 days, I lost 12 pounds. That was roughly ten or so years ago. I didn't have any literature about it and I didn't use the salt water or the laxitive tea. I simply heard about it through a friend. I recall that the first day or two was an adjustment but that by the time i got into the swing of it, it was rather easy. I stopped at 6 days because I went on vacation with my family and knew that they would not allow me to "not eat" while in their presence. I hadn't told anyone I was doing it so on day 6, I stopped and began eating. I was quite pleased with the 12 pound weight loss. I don't recall the exact weight I was at but I went from something like 155 down to 143 or so and I am 5'9.

Since then, I have done it for between two and four days multiple times. Always the results have been very good. Only once have I used the laxative tea and salt water rinse. I did not like that part at all. On one of the mornings, I got up and felt like I was having a massive hot flash or something complete with ringing in my ears, dizziness and blurred vision. I felt better after using the restroom and lying down. I thought it was the fault of the salt water and laxative tea but I have experienced the same symptoms a couple of times since then after taking a very hot shower. This time, if that happens to me, I am not going to quit.

So, tonight is the night before I start. I'm thinking about my schedule and am concerned that I am going out of town with friends for a three day trip six days from now. They are women friends of mine who will be supportive of me at least. Who knows, maybe not eating normal food will make the trip easier.

So, I guess I should share my current weight. Yikes, posting it here on the web is not such a good feeling but I appreciate knowing where others have started and finished, so I guess I'll just fess up. I am starting at 172 pounds. I looked around the internet trying to find a blog to read by someone else who has done this so that I could motivate and inspire myself through their real life stories.

I am surprised at how nervous I feel. Staying on it has never been easy for me and I recall the discomfort of the Super Dieters laxative Tea. It usually cramps up my colon pretty good. But... two pounds per day is what I need.

So, I'll post again tomorrow and let you know how I got through the night.

1 comment: